Warm up your credit card: Massive retailer Target is throwing a mid-summer bargain-palooza to compete with Amazon Prime Day. Target Circle Week runs from Sunday, July 9 through Saturday, July 15, and the company promises savings of up to 50% on both Target brands like Sun Squad and Good & Gather, and national brands like Dyson and Keurig.
Just as Prime Day deals are restricted to Amazon Prime members, Target’s sale is only for members of the Target Circle loyalty program—but unlike Prime, Target Circle is free to join at least.
Another point in Target’s favor: You can buy Circle Week goods, including discounted groceries, at physical stores as well as online and on the Target app. You can also pick up products you order through Target fulfillment services a couple of hours after you order them, or use the Shipt delivery option to get your stuff at home in as soon as one hour.
Or as Cara Sylvester, Target’s executive vice president and chief guest experience officer, put it in a press release, you’ll “have yet another opportunity to celebrate that only-at-Target feeling of affordable joy.”
If you’d like an early feeling of affordable joy, Target has already revealed some of the Circle Week discounts scheduled to go live on July 9.
Early Target Circle Week Deals
- 50% off select Sun Squad items, including outdoor pools, water toys and more
- 30% off select kids’ apparel
- Spend $40 on beauty and health products, receive a $10 Target gift card
- 20% off all Barbie
- 20% off Mountain Dew, Bubly and Gatorade
- 20% off breakfast cereal
- Spend $50 on household essentials, receive a $15 Target gift card
- Save $30 on Keurig K-Mini (sale $59.99, reg. $89.99)
- Save $350 on Lenovo 15.6″ Touchscreen IdeaPad 3i laptop (sale $389.99, reg. $739.99)
- Save $130 on Dyson V8 Origin Cordless Stick Vacuum (sale $299.99, reg. $429.99)
How to sign up for Target Circle
It’s almost comically easy to join Target Circle, and they will accept anyone. Simple visit the Target Circle signup page, click “create account” and give ‘em your name, email, and phone number.
The perks of Target Circle membership go beyond the admiration of your peers. You’ll also enjoy access to members-only deals, 1% rewards on non-RedCard purchases you can use at Target, 5% off an item purchased during your birthday month, and the chance to influence how Target focuses its charitable giving.